FIREBOX VTP is a complete and autonomous fire-fighting room for systems that use vertical pumps (VTP) The vertical pumps can be connected to both electric and diesel engines and guarantee high operating reliability and for this reason they are used in important works. The FIREBOXES, where units with VERTICAL TURBINE PUMPSare housed, are made with a removable roof to make any maintenance operation even easier.
• Walls made with sandwich panels, fully openable
• Total accessibility for people and for the handling of the components
• Perfectly compliant with technical standards and legal provisions
• Designed to be installed in seismic area
• Absence of stairs and dangers for the safety of people
• R60 load-bearing structure
• Easy to disassemble and transport
• UNI 1090 certificate and produced entirely in IDROELETTRICA SPA production plants
• CE certification according to the Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC
• Can be used with existing underground water storage
FIREBOX VTP complies with all the points contained in the UNI EN 12845, UNI 11292, UNI 10779, CEI 64-8 standards, and the provisions of Ministerial Decree 81/2008 (Consolidated Law on Workplace Health and Safety).
• Using the FIREBOX with vertical pumps immersed in axial flow (UNI EN 12845/10.6.1) one gets the enormous advantage of having an arrangement that is always suction lift, even with the underground accumulation tank.
• For these reasons, FIREBOX VTP is the best alternative to the outdated integrated systems run completely from underground.
• The universal joint mounted between the corner drive and the diesel engine guarantees a perfect transmission of motion. It achieves vibration-free operation and smooth distribution of the motor. The use of other types of couplings could lead to rapid failure of the pump/diesel motor system.
FIREBOX VTP is designed and built following the indications of UNI 1090 Part 1 and Part 2 (Execution of steel and aluminium structures - requirements for conformity assessment of the structural components). Compliance with this standard is indispensable to be able to build and correctly certify the metal carpentry made in the workshop. Only by complying with UNI 1090 can the metal structures be CE certified. FIREBOX VTP constitutes the envelope of the fire-fighting system, the load-bearing structure is made of steel profiles.
Load-bearing structure in steel profiles, calculated so as to achieve a fire resistance of 60 minutes (R60) - UNI EN 12845:2020 10.3.1.
The walls of the FIREBOX VTP are made of sandwich panels that are perfectly insulated thanks to the 80mm of rock wool (EI60).
Le pareti del FIREBOX VTP sono costituite da pannelli sandwich perfettamente isolati grazie agli 80mm di lana di roccia (EI60).